1. Connecting with Wi-Fi
To take advantage of the capabilities of your Android TV box, connect it to the Internet via Wi-Fi. The Android TV box can automatically detect the Wi-Fi network in your home, and connect through the wireless router to the Internet. In order to connect the Android TV to a Wi-Fi network:
- Open the device’s settings “menu”
- Select “Wireless and Networks,” but make sure to check the Wi-Fi option.
- Select the network from the list of available networks.
- Fill the Wi-Fi password (if your network is secured), and don’t forget to save the network to the Saved Networks List. After this, your Android TV will automatically connect to the home Wi-Fi network every time it boots up.
2. Google Account Setup
To use the Android TV, create a Google account. It is necessary because a Google account will be used as the login for Android TV, and all users can only have one Google account in use on any Android TV device. Create an initial account during the setup, and if users don’t have one they can again create it during the set up process.
- On a computer,visit to the Google Account Creation page.
- From there, you will see the form to create an account. Fill your first and last name, choose a username and password, confirm your personal details, and hit Next Step.
- After that, You can set up other Google services, or you can skip to account creation.
- Once the user accepts all Google’s Terms and Conditions, hit Enter to finish making the account.
3. Changing Your Google Account
There might be a circumstance where users want to change the Google account that’s associated with their Android TV. If you want to change the Google account on the Android TV:
- From your Android TV Home Screen, scroll down to select Settings option.
- While going under “Personal”, select the current account email address.
- Select the Remove Account, and press OK.
- Restart your Android TV Box. Once it’s restarted, scroll back to and select Settings.
- Under the ‘Personal’, select Add Account.
- Enter in the email and password information for the new account, and it will add.